Rejected - Dishonest Sunburst Flare's Moderator Application

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Displayed Name: Sunburst Flare

Prompt #1: Please provide your rep.tf profile URL.

Prompt #2: Please provide your age.
Sensitive Information
Only staff members can see this content.
Prompt #3: Please provide your Time Zone.
NST

Prompt #4: Approximate time you joined/started playing on our servers.
Mar 2, 2015

Prompt #5: Are you a donator?
No

Prompt #6: Please insert your SourceBans link. If you have any prior punishments, explain them in detail.

Prompt #7: Please insert your SourceComms link. If you have any prior punishments, explain them in detail.

Prompt #8: Please include a link to your HLstatsX page.

Prompt #9: Do you have any prior administrative experience? Please be as detailed and specific as possible when listing/talking about the the places you have worked. Doesn't have to be gaming related!
I was the administrative CEO of DNG.TF servers and want to dedicate the majority of my time to Neon Heights. I can provide links but they were a series of TF2 trade servers.
It's worth noting I have been admin on many other servers on TF2 before, but most of us have before anyways. That's nothing new. I used to own a server as well, several actually. It goes without saying that I have my fair share of sourcemod experience, along with proper permissions, and admin-ing. I'm well versed in specific commands, checking plugins, and following the rules.

I meet all requirements when it comes to applying for moderator/admin on various other servers as well. UGC.TF also would be able to make good use of my hours, and skills. Before I consider applying, I'd first like to prioritize the servers most important to me, that being Neon Heights. Many of the community members know of me, and recognize me as a well respected-individual. Becoming a moderator here would mean I can dedicate all of my time to playing on NH.

Note. The first link I will provide was the DNG.TF owner, and it's their profile. They made me the chief admin of all DNG servers. The second link is the conversation that follows.

https://steamcommunity.com/id/darkevil1/ - Owner of the late DNG.
- Conversation between us validating my efforts.

https://smgnetwork.boards.net - My older forums for the Discord, and various things that I used to host.

https://sealsrp.mistforums.com/user/381546 - Was a staff manager for a popular well-known Garry's Mod DarkRP server.

Prompt #10: What times are you generally available each day/night; in other words, how much time can you dedicate to NeonHeights?
Due to quarantine, a considerable amount of time.
3PM-10PM = Regular day, essentially daily.

An average of 4.5+ hours a day as a safe estimate, on good days, 6 hours.

Edit; roughly 30 hours a week at the least.
Every day. I'm not currently Admin anywhere else right now unlike where I once was, so I'd only be on NH meeting folk.

Prompt #11: Please write a short description about yourself/why you would be a good choice for a moderator on our servers.
It boils down to a couple of main points. I've been around for a long time, I've got a level-head, I respect everyone I meet, and it's always been my dream to moderate with good friends on NH.
I've clocked in many hours on all the servers collectively and I tend to bounce around to every server, not just one. This usefulness comes in handy when usually, from what I see, most moderators play on a single server at a time.
I'm generally calm and collected, very chill. Most of my friends and comrades could vouch for this.
I respect everyone I meet, cause I'd want to be respected the same way so I understand that feeling.
Lastly, I've applied years ago and didn't officially hear back. I understand that, and know what it's like at times when it comes to hiring staff. I myself have been there. I do hope this application has given you a proper and broad understanding of my abilities, desires, and experiences. Thank you.

Update 2020/05/11: To further convince you on both my SourceMod and People Skill, I'd like to give a word on this application as a whole. As I have alluded to previously, I have the work ethic to actually act upon things, once I have become staff. In my years of playing, not only on Neonheights, but with being staff on TF2, I have seen many staff apply and retire. I've been forced to retire many times, as DNG.TF and my own trade servers were forcefully taken from me. I have not once been guilty of inactivity while simultaneously being staff. I see the staff on today, and it makes me smile to hear how long they've been around, which is usually years. I wish to be a part of this community and put my SourceMod knowledge to good use, and to apply for the community, not for the powers that I understand a staff role comes with. To finish, I'd also like to say that while it's my understanding there are active staff today, there aren't nearly enough as I think there should be, especially on the other NHS servers and not just the main hub. Thus my application is 200% valid, considering I've last applied in September of 2018. That amount of time has helped me to change, and become an even better me. Thank you very much, I do hope you may consider this application as verbatim for what I have to offer to this community. <3

Last edited:

Kwas

Owner
Reaction score
Prior to yesterday, when was the last time you connected to the servers?

Reaction score
I do believe I was around the day before, or a few days before for sure. I was frequenting random trade servers, and about a month or two ago, I was joining NH occasionally. I went from always being on majorly, to occasionally for a nice bit, then took a break from most trade servers for MVM and Unusual trading, to being back and only on NH. I understand if you'd like to wait a week-some more days, so that I may prove any time dedication.

Edit; Recently on top of playing many hours, I've been idling a good many as well, to try and make up for any lost time.
I can however guarentee I'll be on nontheless, you have my word. Thank you Kwas.

Last edited:

Kwas

Owner
Reaction score
Unfortunately, we have decided to reject this application. There were a few factors that led to our decision, including (but not limited to);
  • Our session trackers, via HLstatsX:CE confirmed that you had not joined the servers prior to May 1st since January. This goes against your statement that you had been "joining NH occasionally".
  • Repeatedly asking for updates on your application in-game, which the form directly tells you not do to.
  • From your recent forum posts, it seems you no longer hold interest in becoming staff here.
Further information on how this decision was reached is available to staff here:
Sensitive Information
Only staff members can see this content.

Status
Not open for further replies.