GAME Network Update [Nov 4, 2017]

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeonHeights

The One and Only
Owner
Reaction score
Taken from https://steamcommunity.com/groups/NeonHeights_Servers/announcements/detail/1441576735369008410:

Its been 6 years since these servers were first brought online. We've been through a number of different server providers and lived through a ton of TF2 updates. We celebrated our 6th birthday on August 25th this year.

With a reduction in update frequency that TF2 experienced all of last year I personally felt that the game was going down hill a bit. Some would argue that it had been heading that way for a while but I didn't notice it until early last year. I took a bit of a break from TF2 and Steam and focused on stuff going on elsewhere. The servers tend to manage themselves for the most part, we have a fantastic group of staff members who do an amazing job monitoring and taking care of the servers. I would typically only step in during times where the servers would break or have serious glitches.

Well with the most recent update to TF2 I've come back to introduce a few changes to the servers and how they operate. We've lost a fair amount of the community due to me not updating the servers at all among other things. So I'm considering downsizing a bit and am going to focus on quality over quantity. Instead of having 9 servers with only a few people in them, we'll have a handful of servers which will hopefully get more players. Easier to maintain less servers as well.

I'm changing the maps on a number of the different servers to cater to the people who get bored of the current v182 MC map.

If you check the server list now you'll see some maps have been changed to versions like 24/7 Christmas, 24/7 Halloween, as well as the 'Retro' Neonheights map which features the old doomsday course, as well as a bunch of different doomsday buttons that many of you have never seen before. These maps will stay on these servers permanently now, so if you like playing on one map specifically you can stick to that server.

I have also fixed TF2 Ware on our game server which has been broken for some time now. And the donator server now has command use once more and is free to be used by donators/staff/players alike. Keep an eye out for changes coming up as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.